Thursday, 18 August 2011

Worthiness gained. Pre-medic 2011 : )

5th June 2011, It was a day where the things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember.


 The date, I was inscribed as a premedic student, had this bummed out feeling as I expected it could be.  Big piece of myself had an unbalanced hunch with mixed-up emotions not knowing if I could bear with the-so-much-distance-from-family-and-favourite-people-where-I-could-have-enjoyed-with-them. For God sake, it was only few miles away, UPM, Serdang. Scratch the miles, I loved them too much and it was still quite far away for me : p and another problem was I just couldn't clarify why was it hard to accept the fact I'm still gonna go away even not now, but later on at some point in life. If I didn't turn up for the course,I'd be dead guilty for my parents even when they won't blame me. But my mom and dad have had an impact in my life one way or the other. 


At certain times in our lives we have trouble accepting things are literally good for us, because things are not how we want them to be, right? In the back of my mind I always thought this could be a good course for me to attend, for my sake, it has a freaking chronicle of my targeted future. But, my driving force inside of me, enraged, because I want things in a certain way. All I knew I was weighed down with a feeling of my heart was dead set against the premedic course and felt almost like a small child shouting within me 'NO'!! and whilst I physically don't act like a child and stamp my feet. Whatever my fortune could be, I still went on with the new circumstances.


5th June :
- enrolled for the course
- house key and room key taken
- met new faces from different states
- Gotta know my housemates <3
- Solat Isya Jemaah 


It was really good to know my housemates, we did a bit of icebreaking in our house and, they are very amiable and easy to talk to. I've got a kelantanese roomate, I called her, B : ) That night, I started to adjust to a new environment or some of you might say 'culture shock', for me personally, culture shock is not like as sudden or as shocking as most of you expect, it's like a cultural adaptation. Adapt with new people at a new place. Being self-centred doesn't work if you are in a new setting. I honestly experienced some of discomforts at first but I believe it was a natural stage in order to redesign your new environment. 


The next Monday morning, 6th June, we had our very first lecture from 9am to 12pm. Yes, it was right on 3 hours. It was something I never ever had in my entire life  that freaking 3 hours of lecture (in fact we don't do that in matrics even for extra classes!) and they paused you just about freaking 5 mins? It was totally not enough! I couldn't even comfortably stretch my butt! Then here came my commonsensical thinking 'Ohh macam ni rupanya medic life' But, let me put both feet on the ground, that was just a PRE-MEDIC course, dude! Gahhh. We had a 2-hour break and free food given : DDDDD (3 times a day, free food were given from Monday to Friday and Saturday they only prepared for breakfast and lunch, Sunday, food was on our own) Then at 2pm, we had a tutorial class till 4pm. The topic would cover everything we learnt in the lecture. If you didn't pay enough attention in the lecture, you'd face backbreaking in the tutorial class. lol. The syllabus was hell lot okay! We learnt 5 subjects : Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Embryology & Histology. And at 5pm to 7pm, we had an arabic class. Its fun to learn new lang although it's damn hard for me : ( the only thing I remember was ana kamaan lol it means me too. And that was because one of my classmates always said that in the class. ;>


At first, although the new situation may be confusing, I find it to be exhilarating, a time of new experiences, sights, sounds, and activities. AND the best part was you'll get to know the people around you, differences, as well as similarities. I love meeting new people, knowing them, I love it. And glad they are very nice people. My classmates are awesome, my other bunch of friends too. We are like a big family seriously : )  You know when you are in a new place with  different people, I mean everywhere you go, there's always a drama, it's either happening to yourself, or other people. Like you have this love at first sight thing, then you have this girl hates another girl for being famous, or you could find this group of people, the misfits. the rebels. The troublemakers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. :-)  and some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. But they are who they are, I enjoy knowing this kind of people, because I respect our differences and as long as they know their limits and never get in the way I'm going, that's fine for me : )


The best thing was when you could have a get-together every night. as always you could only get closed to each other when you felt the atmosphere of being separated, which was like 2 weeks before everybody left. I hate it, but I gotta live it, at least we had the chance to be closed and shared moments together : ) It was great to come down every night and played basketball/badminton together, laughed, took thousands of piccies :D and a whole lot more. And there was this 'I teased you, you teased me' moments. And something I'll never ever forget is the teamwork we contributed. Too precious for words and everyone seemed effortlessly helpful! All that was down when we needed to do our own drama for the ARABIC PERFORMANCE NIGHT. Everyone seemed timely productive and came out with a brilliant idea to do with that kind of story. But, definitely thanks big time to our director Munira Seliman : D Oh, I played as Widaad, Gaber's wife. My hubby was a gynaecologist. It was quite a moment of embarassment after all LOL. But yeah it all done, praised to Allah. It was a very successful night and I honestly proud of whoever ran & managed the event. The food was good especially when they served kambing and satay : D


Everything doesn't appear all good, there must be at least a contravention which we had to sit and face for our weekly exam. And whenever we had a test every Saturdays, you could see everyone was breaking their neck and went all out for the exam. Uhh.  I accustomed to that kind of life few months back in matrics. I missed it. And It was hard to relive those days during the premedic course. lol Inhale, exhale, relax. That was what I did best whenever I felt a little depressed or anxious. It's like if you don't make every effort, you won't get to the top. That's how stressful you could be!!! Still and all, I learnt to be passionate for our troubles, the trials of life and bear with the hardships and push your potential ability to the limit if you want to succeed! : )


 It's surprising how much memory is built around things unnoticed at the time. 23rd July it was the end of everything. The priceless experiences we gained in the premedic course took us steps to be an apprentice medical student soon : ) May Allah bless all of you.And I have pictures for you guys : D



My lovely housemates :
From left : Thira, Wani, Nurul, B, Finaz (behind me), Fatihah and Yang
Miss gossiping, shouting in the house, eating and walking together to the class with them ;'(
<3 <3 <3




           My classmates : Finaz, Muni and Aqilah. 
They are psycho to death! Miss those crazy moments and arguing with them!
Love you guys!



Some of my tutor mates : ) Happening yo'!



Hahahaha that's my friend Filzah :p Apa Filzah buat tu oiiiii ;p
My fav scene in our drama : )




Fuyohhh KL gangster habis! Bravo to Zafri and Hakim. 


I played as Widaad and Hakim played as Gaber.



That's Muni! Our director and also played as a pregnant woman, I was holding her baby : D 
Okay, macam dah ready lol


and we won first placeeeeeeee!



the guys in my tutorial group, the one wore maroon shirt is Zuhri, That was his last night. He left premedic for KKN. 




Meet Shafinas and Naim!








Gila gila friends. :)


We love taking pictures. Hehe =D




Sheesshh tak clear : ( It was the last dinner with them and our dear ustazah at 
Half-Moon restaurant. The food was yummeh.



So, that's all. Thanks for reading. Byeeeeeee : )


No comments:

Post a Comment